With every day that passes, we are hearing more about the growing concerns related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it is having on the Hudson Valley and surrounding communities.
Crystal Run Village, Inc. (CRVI) is committed to the health and safety of the people we support, our staff, our community partners and the community in general.
We are diligently reviewing the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Health (DOH) and the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). Additionally, we are monitoring information from local, state and federal officials.
There are many steps that people supported, staff and community members can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. The NYS Department of Health urges the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect the people we support, our dedicated employees and the community.