The CRVI Supported Employment Team work one-on-one with potential employment candidates with a disability, to ascertain job interests and performance abilities in order to provide optimum choice in locating workplace opportunities. Job coaching is provided through the job application and interviewing process.
Once in the workplace, on-going support provided in the form of training and advocacy ensures the individual’s success in performing job functions and congenial social interaction with co-workers and business management. Opportunities for employment are the result of strong cooperative relationships developed within the business community by the CRVI Supported Employment team.
The job coaches at CRVI’s Supported Employment Department help people with disabilities find and maintain employment, at no cost to the employer. To find out more, you can contact our Support Employment Department: email@example.com.
How do we do this?
- Application/resume/interview assistance
- On-the-job-training: We train alongside the employee and continue training as needed when the initial training is over. Gradually stepping down our involvement, we work towards independence and stabilization.
- Stabilization: When the employee and management are comfortable, the employee is considered stabilized and ready for follow-along services.
- Follow-along services: Two on-site visits per month to check-in and provide assistance as needed.
Benefits to employers?
- Work Opportunity Tax Credits: saves up to $2,400 through wage reimbursement
- Job coaches provide the training
- Job coaches help resolve any concerns or issues that may arise
- Employers gain hard-working employees who love their jobs
Benefits to employees?
- Community involvement
- Better chances of securing and maintaining employment
- Communication with job coaches to help resolve any concerns or issues
- Achieve meaningful growth and independence